We know NTP is used to synchronize time from authorized time server to the client to keep the client local time consistent with standard time.
However, what if we successfully set up the NTP servers, but the client is still out of sync with NTP server time to time which causes authentication issue? We need to know how to troubleshoot the related issue.
Before troubleshooting the NTP related issues, you should have following knowledge:
- What is a reference clock?
- How will NTP use a reference clock?
- How will NTP know about Time Sources?
- What happens if the Reference Time changes?
- How is Time synchronized?
- Which Network Protocols are used by NTP?
- When are the Servers polled?
- How frequently will the System Clock be updated?
- How frequently are Correction Values updated?